December 07, 2011

Advent

 

002

 Every morning for the last 7 days, I have woken up to find a subtle change in the house.  One small item in the house has been moved.  Quietly but distinctively that little tree on the advent stocking mysteriously moves over one spot indicating that it is one day closer to Christmas.  Not a word has been spoken about it.  In fact I don’t know which one of my kids is doing it or if it is a group effort.   But I think the action speaks very loud and clear.  Someone is very excited for Christmas.  I remember what it felt like watching the calendar and counting down until Christmas.  I felt like it would never come.  It seemed to take a thousand years to get through one week in December.  Oh how that changes as you get older.

3 comments:

Par 5 said...

Except when you're pregnant, then all of the sudden time starts to DRAG on and on just like when you were a little kid waiting for Christmas. ;)

the Horton Hurricane said...

yes it sure does change!!

grandma to 16 said...

You are sooooooooooo right!! Now I wish the days were going much slower, so I could get everything done!

but when I was a little girl, the month of December really did seem to go so slowly~

Maybe you have a great big ELF taking care of the advent calendar, who makes great chicken taco's?