October 08, 2011

Second Chances

 

When I was in high school, I was working toward receiving a young women’s medallion through a church program called personal progress.  I never finished; therefore, I never got the medallion.  I am now getting my second chance.  I am serving in the church over the young women and have been given the opportunity to do the experiences and projects all over again.  So I am giving it a go.  There are 8 values and with in each value you are suppose to do 5 experiences and one 10 hour project.  As I go I am going to blog about just the projects as I work on them.  If anyone has a great idea for a project I would love to hear it.

I have started with the value Knowledge.  My project is to follow along with the training for and running a 5K that my sister-in-law has put together, as well as eating a nutritious diet.  The paved portion of our walking trail out here is 2.25miles ending with a steep hill.  So I am just using that for training.  As for the diet portion, I have a “go to” 2 week menu that I use now and again to lose some weight when I feel like things are getting out of hand.  The meals are fairly low calorie with a good balance between Protein, Carbs, and Fiber.  So I am trying to follow that.  I have about 3 weeks left before the 5k so I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Par 5 said...

I want the two week go to menu. I would dare say it's "getting out of control" over here! :)

Par 5 said...

Or, better yet, maybe one of your 10 hour projects could be "making dinner for your neighbors"...except I'm pretty sure that in order to get that approved by the YW Pres, it would have to be more like 40 hours or so...but you could toatlly do it. :) That'd be a great project!

Noelle and Corey said...

How bout you can plan my family reunion for my mom's side of her extended family because NO ONE on that entire side has answered my request for help!! Talk about the Little Red Hen syndrome!! I guess I should just bag it if no one is interested!

I remember "planning a family reunion" is on that list, so let's plan our family cruise, right?!