April 18, 2011

My Dad

My dad had a bit of a scary day on Friday. He went to the doctor to get his foot checked on because he broke it a little while back and has a boot on it. As he was leaving the parking lot, he hit the side of another car that was leaving the parking lot. They exchanged information and decided to go over to the body shop and see what it would take to get it fixed. On the way over there he got distracted and veered off to the side of the road and hit a parked car but instead of hitting the break his boot on his foot hit the gas and didn't come off right away. The accident resulted in a five car pile up one of the cars flipped upside down onto someones lawn, breaking their fence and another car was completely smashed leaving the engine in the back seat. Fortunately, no one was injured in the accident. However, my dad obviously isn't quite right. His eyes were bloodshot. His reactions were slow. He couldn't communicate quite right. This isn't the first time he has ever acted like this. So my mom took him to the hospital as she has before and they ran every test they could think of and came back with nothing. Same result as before. The doctor looked right at my dad and said, I can see that there is something wrong with you but I can't find it in these tests. So he referred my dad to a cardiologist and a neurologist and and he will go from there. It is so frustrating not knowing what it is or what his limits really are. My dad is only 57 years old. He is not ready to give up his license or leave his job. I am really worried about him. I love and miss him very much. Please include him in your prayers.

5 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

oh my gosh, it's a miracle he made it to the hospital!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that he isn't feeling well~~~

We will all pray for him and hopefully with good medical investigation they can help him!!

sending love~~

Noelle and Corey said...

We put his name on the temple prayer roll here. I'm so glad you'll all be here this weekend. It is so hard to be far away when things like this happen.

Anonymous said...

hey chereyln this is brookey i have ablog now

Stacey said...

Cher, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope they can't get everything figured out, and get him feeling better. I've only met your Dad once, but thought he was the sweetest man. We love you guys.

grandma to 16 said...

April 26th ~~hope to see the birthday girl blogging~~!

or at least her hubby.......blogging about her!