May 23, 2011

Little Working Birds

My mom and dad came for a quick visit. They were here just about long enough to plant a couple of garden boxes for my brother and I. It was great to have their help because I don't know the first thing about gardening.



We planted onions, carrots, cilantro, broccoli, beans, and the peppers will have to go in later. We also designated a whole box to strawberries.




We just bought tomato plants and left them in their pots and disguised them into the landscape.





So our working birds flew through here and left, but now we just have to figure out how to keep the real birds away. They are building nests EVERYWHERE! I am so afraid that they are going to eat my strawberries if, I mean when they grow.



Everytime I curse the birds my kids remind me that it is illegal to harm them so does anyone know how to keep the birds away?

3 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

you live in such a paradise ~~ ( smile) they all fly in to enjoy the beauty!!!

Kelly had his own idea how to get cats out of trees, Troy will tell you about it, it might work!!

Your garden looks wonderful. I'm planting cherry tomatoes on my back deck ~ looking forward to getting enough sun to get them growing, though.

the Horton Hurricane said...

cute post!! I don't have a green thumb at all. So as of right now we wont be able to come for our July visit :( we have had some bad luck, our car wont make the drive and Cory's boss is asking no employee travel this summer they are so busy, which is good but sad for our trip. I hope when we can get our car fixed we can come soon. Love you guys and miss you kiss my three bugs

the Horton Hurricane said...

scratch that we are coming no matter what Cory said he will fix the car as best as he can and he is going to tell his boss to shove it!! lol we will see you in July :)