March 22, 2010

8 Years and Counting



Dear Mr. Incredible,

On this day 8 years ago
There were a lot of things I didn't know
I knew I loved you and that we would be
Together for time and all eternity.
But there are things and I'll list eight That I found out a little too late.

I didn't know that...
1. You'd find enjoyment out of dumping cold water on me while I am taking a hot shower.
2. You'd always steal my glass of water and pour pop into it.
3. You were insanely observant and you'd use it to make fun of me.
4. You would cry at things like Hallmark commercials and finding Nemo.
5. I thought that you would outgrow tackling me in the aisles of the grocery store.
6. You'd paint my toenails.
7. You'd give me compliments daily, even when I smell like spit up.
8. You'd always be the first to say "I'm sorry."


When you asked me to marry you 8 years ago
I didn't even think about saying, "no."
Since then you've learned a lot about me
Some faults and weaknesses I'm sure you agree.
But you've stuck by my side and loved me the same
Anticipating any of my needs that came.
You make me laugh everyday
Tell me its all going to be okay
Show me how to have fun and play
So there may be things that I didn't know
And the plans we had didn't really go
And I'm sure that I don't still fit into that dress
But if you asked me again today, I'd still say YES.


7 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

I am positive he knows it, but Troy is a lucky guy. And no wonder he always compliments you, you are frickin GORGEOUS!!

Love this post! It shows how happy you are!!!!

the Horton Hurricane said...

Cher you are so good at writing, you two really are a perfect fit. I know that he loves you with his whole heart.

I love these pics of you guys what a beautiful couple. Happy Anniversary

Stacey said...

Happy anniversary!! We love and miss you guys so much. That was beautiful Cher. I love all the pictures.

Unknown said...

ahhh, sweet! Make James earn his keep a little and have him babysit while you guys go out! Happy Anniversary!

Hales Family said...

Happy Anniversary Sis! Your pictures are so cute, I loved this post.:) Hope you were able to celebrate, you should have a built in babysitter right now.:)

grandma to 16 said...

Loved your poem!!!! it was awesome! the incredibles are all soooooooooo photogenic~~ so fun to have you blogging again!

Happy Anniversary, ly

Lori said...

So glad your back online.....Love to the family.